Friday, August 22, 2008

Did you like the book?

This is for those who have read "Breaking Dawn". If you haven't finished yet, maybe you shouldn't read this post.
I'm just wondering what everyones opinion is on the book. Did you like it? Do you think there's going to be a next one? Do you even want there to be a next one?

I made sure to take my time reading this one so I could enjoy every page of it. The other books weren't as long and I finished them wanting more. This one, not so much! I don't know if it's because not a whole lot happened or what! The first Bella book was fun because it was a continuation of the last book, so I really liked it. Jacob's book was hilarious to me! I found myself laughing out loud. The rest of the book was interesting until it got kind of creepy. I don't know what y'all thought about Jacob "imprinting" on Renesmee, but I just found it creepy and wrong!!! I also didn't "buy" this time that a teenager was telling the story. I think the writer used words that teenagers DO NOT use! Maybe teenagers these days are more book smart than I thought, although, it's hard to believe that since they write/type like they are on instant messaging! LOL ;)

I know this is a little macabre of me but I was hoping there would be more fighting and more blood shed. Of course not of the little baby but come on, the other books all had that stuff! I guess my point is, I was hoping the book would be a little more exciting. I enjoyed it but not was much as the other ones. Ohhh, And I don't think there should be a next one. What do you think?

2 comments:

blair and maisy said...

I liked it. I think Stephanie Meyer is very creative. I'm satisfied with the ending, but I guess she could go a lot of places from where she left things. I agree with you that I wanted more bloodshed. I was hoping that little Jane would get ripped to pieces.

Cherylyn said...

Oh my goodness...this post made me miss you Marina! We are so alike when it comes to these things and it would have been fun to vent together about it. I agree with absolutely everything you said about the book. I think I actually found myself rolling my eyes when she realized that after her transformation she wasn't going to go through the same issues as everyone else did. Everything just ended in a nice perfect little bow, and that's just not how life is in reality. I know this was a book about vampires so I can't expect too much reality, but I think that's what drew so many people to it was because the earlier books seemed more rooted in reality. I just felt like there wasn't enough sacrifice involved because real life requires a lot of it, and I like it when books go a little deeper into that part of life. I watch tv and movies for the unrealistic happy endings, but I guess I expect more when I read books.