Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm going back to school!

I go back to school on the 10th of November (next Monday) and I'm surprisingly very excited! This has been a goal of mine since Dustin finished getting his law degree. However, for the last year I had been putting it off because I didn't know I would qualify for a student loan. It didn't click that I'm not on a student visa anymore. (International students don't get approved for a federal student loan). And after applying for a couple of jobs and realizing I'm not really qualified to do much more than what I have already done, I decided to take the step and go back to school.
Now, I couldn't see myself going to a campus and having to deal with 18-21 year olds... so I went to University of Phoenix and decided to do their online program; which is awesome and it enables me to work during the day! I transferred some credits, which means I could start on my Bachelors degree OR I could get my Associates and Bachelors degree AT THE SAME TIME! So that's what I decided to do, I'll be getting two degrees at the same time in the same amount of time. If you're interested in going back to school and think what I'm doing is a good idea, let me know and I'll give you my enrollment counselor's name and number, he is awesome!!!
So yeah, YAY me and wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Hey Congrats to ya!! School is wonderful! So worth it, which is my goal too. I have thought about those types of schools too. How much is it going to cost you to do it all online?

Love Ya!
Ash

Niki said...

Awesome Marina! What are you going to study?

The Birches said...

Business with a minor in Communications...

The Barlow Family said...

Hooray! Hooray! I'm so glad that you are so Happy & excited to go back to school. It will definitely keep you busy. I hope it goes good for you. Maybe we need to hang out this sometime soon before you get too busy, you know something other than FHE.