Saturday, June 20, 2009

Post 2 (and maybe last in Brazil)

So I thought I would be posting all the time, and as you can see that has not been the case. All I can tell you guys is that I am freezing here in São Paulo, it's almost making me miss Vegas a little bit. I haven't seen my husband for weeks now and I miss him tons, but here's a list of things that I love in Brazil:

- My family. It's great having my family around all the time. It's going to be tough on me when I leave, they are a great support system and I miss having them around.

- The food. All of it, junk food, my mom's food, pizza, chocolates, cakes... EVERYTHING. I love it all! Well... except the stuff that I normally don't eat. I love how lunch is the big meal here, and dinner is usually something small. Brazilians don't want to go to bed feeling stuffed. The plates and cups here are A LOT smaller, therefore, servings are smaller and as a result you don't eat as much.

- The people. Brazilians are so friendly. You meet someone once and they become your friend instantly. You can't stay in line waiting for something without someone talking to you. I love the warmth of my people.

- Having a maid. Oh yeah, it's very common in Brazil for people to have a maid or someone that comes a couple of times a week to help out around the house. There's nothing wrong with having a clean house all the time and not having to be the one doing it. LOVE IT!!!!!

- Health insurance. I know, weird but I have health insurance down here in Brazil and got to go to a ton of doctors and not pay a penny, no co-pay, nothing!!! It's awesome!

- Traffic. Hahahaha just kidding, that is the one thing I hate about being in such a huge city as São Paulo. The only time that there is no traffic is after 11PM or so.

Anyway, I'm sure I will think of other things later... but I am having a good time down here, it's great to be with family. But I can't wait to go back to Las Vegas and be with my hubby and Bella.

1 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

It sounds like Brazil has been super fun. Can't wait to see pics!!