Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Weekend: Part 1 - Group Date!

On Friday, right after work Dustin and I went on a group date with some very cool people if I say so myself. It was THE LONGEST DATE ever, it started at 6:30pm and we didn't get home until 1am!!!! Here is what we did... (all Tara's idea). We started off with a little dinner, where everyone brought something... but there was a catch, instead of using the normal utensils...each person had to eat with an unusual kitchen gadget...like a ladle, potato masher, whisk, tongs, etc. It was pretty funny!!! I finished my meal with my utensil (I did get totally lucky, it was pretty much a giant fork); however, half of our group gave up and used forks. And by most of the group I mean the men and Tara!!! :)

THEN - after dinner...we headed over to a Thrift Store. When we got there - we handed our men TEN dollars and told them to go pick out a crazy outfit for US and we picked out an outfit for them. We met at the cash register... and then....we PUT ON the outfits....and went bowling!!!! Oh yeah, it was RIDICULOUS! I wish I had the pictures to post, because not one person looked good! It was hilarious!! For those of you who know me pretty well probably can't believe I actually did all this, but YEAH... I totally did. It was WAY out of my comfort zone, but it was so much fun! We had a blast! Bowling was a little different too, so I wouldn't feel so bad for sucking! It turned out to be a little competition between the spouses and whoever lost got to do something nice for the other one. I totally won and Dustin's prize was to clean the kitchen and dining room. YAY!

So after bowling, we headed over to Lynsie and Ezra's house (thank you so much for hosting) and ate some ice cream with brownies and yummy toppings. It was great! We love our new friends! Thanks to Tara for being so creative and for forcing us all to do this! We had a GREAT time!!!

3 comments:

nancy tobler said...

what the heck? WHen did you get a blog?

Ashley Gilbert said...

Oh this sounds like so so much fun! I want to do this, so I may steal your idea! :)

Tara said...

LOL...I am SO mean, huh! We LOVE you guys and I am so glad we have such cool people to hang out with! My blog is private....so I need to add you to my list with your email address. Do I have that?? If not, I will text ya. I will try to do that tonight. Thanks for being SUCH a good sport that night! Luvs, Tara